A passion for determining business value
Business valuation services are critical to making informed decisions when planning for growth or business succession, complying with strict tax and financial reporting guidelines, contemplating a sale or acquisition or facing a dispute or litigation.
Our valuation professionals have a fundamental understanding of how businesses and business assets are valued in the market. We provide business valuations for a wide variety of assets including businesses, business interests, family limited partnership interests, debt instruments, equity securities, intangible assets and operating business units.
Experienced consultants, trusted advisors
Our valuation team is comprised of highly accredited, experienced professionals who understand the complexities of business valuation. We have achieved the highest possible certifications as Accredited Senior Appraisers Business Valuation Discipline (ASA), Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV), Certified Fraud Examiners (CFE), Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) and Certified Public Accountants (CPA).
Our staff is fully dedicated to business valuation and have performed hundreds of assessments. BlumShapiro consultants have testified as expert witnesses more than 100 times in state and federal cases. We deliver strategic, detailed information in a timely manner. For this reason, attorneys, accountants, financial institutions and private business owners count on us for assistance with their valuation needs.
Our team of highly trained specialists plays an active role in helping our clients effectively manage and grow their businesses. We understand that valuation services are critical to making informed decisions and provide the level of service required for each situation, ranging from informal calculations to a comprehensive appraisal report. We will help you determine which level of valuation services is needed.
- Purchase Price Allocation - FASB ASC Topic 805, formerly SFAS141(R)
- Goodwill Impairment Testing - FASB ASC Topic 350, formerly SFAS 142
- Impairment of Disposal of Long-Lived Assets - FASB ASC Topic 360, formerly SFAS 144
- Equity Based Compensation - FASB ASC Topic 718, formerly SFAS 123(R)
- Fair Value Measurement - FASB ASC Topic 820, formerly SFAS 157
Tax and Estate
- Estate Tax Reporting - IRC Section 2031
- Gift Tax Reporting - IRC Section 2512
- Estate Planning
- Charitable Contributions - IRC Section 170
- S-Corporation Elections
- Undivided Interests
- Establishing Tax Basis “Fresh Start”
- Buy/Sell Agreements
- Equity Based Compensation - IRC Section 409A
Public Company Stock
- Restricted or Unvested Securities
- Thinly Traded or Non-Traded Stock
- Large Blocks
- Non-Voting Shares
- Dissenting Shareholder Actions
- Business Damages/Lost Profits
- Marital Dissolution
- Bankruptcy and Restructure
- Tax and Other Disputes
Business Planning and Transactions
- Transaction Related Valuations
- Financial Modeling
- Shareholder Agreements
- Capital Surplus Opinions for Dividend Recapitalization Transactions
- Transfer Pricing Strategies
For more information about our business valuation services, please contact one of our team members below.
John H. Kramer, CPA/ABV/CFF, CFE, ASA
William F. Murray, CPA/ABV/CFF, ASA
Michael Pendergast, CPA/ABV/CFF, MST
Contact our Business Valuation Team for more information: